Ten Tips to a Healthy Lifestyle
Posted on February 24 2018
When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, it’s always best to go back to the basics, like making sure that you eat your allotted dose of fruits and veggies. Here are ten additional tips that are sure to make you flourish when it comes to living a vivacious lifestyle.
- Eat more often. Yep, you read it correctly. When you eat smaller portions more often throughout the day, you are more likely to sustain even energy levels and avoid over-eating after you’ve restricted yourself for too long.
- Avoid alcohol. While it can be a challenge to remove the social lubricant from your life, when it comes to weight loss and health, alcohol is your enemy.
- Stay hydrated. Most adults require 50% of their body weight in ounces of water a day to stay hydrated. If you consume coffee, then you’ll want to up that amount.
- Avoid foods that are high in salt. Too much salt can lead to high blood pressure, which then has the potential to lead to cardiovascular disease. In order to avoid this ripple effect of poor health, limit your salt intake or choose low-sodium options, which are commonly found in today’s grocery stores. If you crave salt it is likely an indicator of a health issue such as adrenal fatigue.
- Get creative. With protein being one of your main meal sources, the possibilities are endless. Feel free to try a new spin on an egg dish to keep your palate guessing.
- Sleep more. Sleep is one of the most underrated health benefits. Getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night will benefit your weight, heart and mood. In the long run you will be able to tackle more during the hours you are awake because your mind will be sharper.
- Add lemon to your water. While you are allowed one lemon a day, if you have leftover slices, toss them in your water for liver health and digestion improvements.
- Slow down on processed foods. These nicely packaged foods aren’t as appealing as they sometimes look, as there is added salt and preservatives (which contain toxins) and most of the nutritional value is lost in the making of them. Choose fresh fruit over canned fruit and always make an organic selection.
- Purge negativity from your life. If there is anyone who isn’t on board with your weight loss goals, then it’s best to rid them of your life for the time being, so your focus doesn’t get deterred.
- Keep trigger foods out of your life. For some it’s chocolate, for others it’s potato chips. These items aren’t permitted in this program, so it’s best to omit them from your pantry altogether. Keep them away so you aren’t the least bit tempted. Select a food you love from the allowed list and make sure you always have it in the house.